Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ecofont


Here is a creative idea in increasing environmental awareness. Ecofont was developed by Spranq and uses 20% less ink. It is meant to be used in regular sized reading material.
The company co-founder Gerjon Zomer concedes that the font isn't beautiful, but it could be adequate for personal use or for internal use at a company.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think a perception can be changed knowing the end result is fewer used ink cartridges and toner. What do you think? Download it for free, here.

3 comments:

Baroness Bijoutery said...

I actually like the font..it is edgy and creates good things..less in the landfills...Thanks for sharing this....

Heather said...

I like it too. I'm curious about it, so I'm going to download it and experiment.

HightonRidley said...

What a great idea - and well implemented. The font looks fine to me at the size shown.

I can see me printing out proofs of reports using it.

Cheers,
Mark
www.highton-ridley.co.uk